View Single Post
Old 16-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby2006
But basically, its a straight swap over from my injectors to the STi ones?

Last question being, would I have to do anything about my air intake (its stock atm, except ive removed the resonator)?
I realise it would probably be benificial if I improved it, but, would it be good enough for a while until I was ready to do more work to the car (money reasons)?
1. Stick with the stock Airbox and filter.- will be fine up to approx 220 KW ATW - your engine won't get near that reliably anyway.

2. To save some $$$ I would stay with your current 440cc Top Feed injectors. You will hit a safe boost limit of 18-19PSI with the EJ205 engine - and thats the point I would not go past for reliability.

3. Upgrading your TMIC to an an STI item is a good idea if you can find one at a good price. A FMIC with loose you throttle response and cost big $$$ for little reliable gain on an 02 EJ205 engine.

4. Cheap Water Spray setup is a must if sticking with the TMIC option. A GM water pump plumbed in to your existing water bottle, hobbs switch and STi nozzles will do the trick.

5. STI TMIC Air splitter as well if you can find one for your existing scoop. Possibly get a larger STI scoop as well ?

6. Spend the extra $$$ saved on injectors on DBA4000's front slotted rotors with either Bendix Ultimate Pads or Ferodo DS2000/2500 for the street.

7. Exhaust - open bell mouth dump pipe with correct length splitter for the appropriate VF turbo. See here :

http://www.msengineering.com.au/exhaustsystems.html

I would thermal wrap the dump pipe to prevent hot oil rising and heating up the engine bay / TMIC. Ceramic coating the exhaust housing on the turbo is a very good idea also. Competition Ceramics in Kelmscott do good work

8. Probable the most important of all OIL in a modified car. DO NOT go less the 10w40 oil now you have modified your WRX for big end engine bearing reliability. Good oils I recommend are Motul Chrono 10w40 or 10w50 ; Mobil Semi Syn 10w40 or Elf Comp. GT 10w40.

Please do not run Motul Turbolight 10w40 in your modified WRX.

J

Last edited by WRXTASY; 16-11-2007 at 11:17 AM.