View Single Post
Old 20-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

haha, they'll try and sell you anything thru pictures mate.

I don't know your financial position, but houses are pricey in WA. Doesn't really matter where you live. Like every other country there are your "trouble area's" but doesn't mean to say you can't live there. Just build a bloody great big wall around your property and get 2 rotweilers to protect you.

Anyway, getting back to where you should live. In a recent study, most pom's migrating to Perth from the UK were residing in areas such as Rockingham (south of Perth) or up Joondalup/Clarkson/Butler way (north of Perth) If I was to choose out of these area's I would choose the latter option. But thats because I also live North, so I am entirely biased. I'm also not suggesting you go live with ur "own kind", but moving out here can be really hard and stressful so it would be nice to be able to meet people that have done the same thing as you. Both Rockingham and Clarkson area's have a bit of a pommy culture, with pubs similar to back in the UK.

My girlfriend and her family have been thru what your about to do, so I understand its a big move. B asically, buy a house where ever you can afford one, if you can, because you will be doing better than most of us who can't. If you're planning on renting. Take a look at the suburbs I mentioned, rent is cheapish in Clarkson for example, but thats a different subject all together. I'm sure I saw you mention buying a property...