Thread: PLAY3R-round 2!
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
Saying it's run for 3 years is just untrue. I am sure it's had a BUCKET load of issues during it's time that unless your involved on the ground level you wouldn't know about. People don't usually advertise the negatives. I would be VERY VERY surprised if the rigoli car has done more then 100km on that motor.

Clint, im sure its had issues as does every engine pushing the boundries (ive heard of 2.7ltrs snapping cranks etc etc), but u would think that 3 yrs of r&D, used at the limit would provide a solid background and alot of the problems encountered could have been addressed.

Yes it hasnt been run like a daily so that has not been tested, however the build that player is doing dosent seem that its going to be a daily driver either..

These workshops are also not advertising their product, so what has gone wrong of course wont be known, unless someone is dead serious in doing it, then im sure they will be made aware of the plus and negatives associated with it..

I know with my experience with the guys in new zealand, was the sheer torque smashed almost every part of the driveline at only moderate power levels of 550 hp atw..

So apart from the engine, other parts of the car need to be considered.