View Single Post
Old 13-12-2007, 06:24 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky
I was in there about a month ago looking at the 08 WRX,
I told the sales guy I was actually only killing time while waiting for some mates to show up at Brandos Pizza across the road..

He asked me my opinion of the 08 and I was very polite about the car, but also saying that I couldn't justify the difference over my GC8, which is worth a lot more to me than the 10k I'd get as a trade in.

He then responded that they would have an 08 STi soon for demoing, and that the STi would be doing the rounds of the STi dealers..

I told him I wasn't really willing to spend over 60K plus ORC anyway and he responded that he thought that the car wouldn't be much more than the outgoing pignose..

I'd be interested to see if they've wound back their aspirations of upping the price to compete with the Europeans, given the fairly lukewarm response so far to the basic WRX
Well it would make sense if they dropped the price. I don't know who does their market research, but surely someone must have known by adding 10K to the price the sales figures would have been adversely affected. Talk has been of 2 Sti models with the higher spec one close to 70K. I just can't see that many forking out 70K for a Jap hot hatch. It's crying out depreciation. Plus the competition from Euro cars.