View Single Post
Old 21-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intra
TJ,

Please don’t get me wrong, everyone wants their car back as soon as possible, who wouldn't!

But sometimes a customer can demand their car back even tho it’s not even ready to have its final sign off. IMHO that’s just dumb because you're risking the quality of workmanship purely for your convenience/budget.

Having been around forums for a while, not everyone seems like the angel they portray themselves to be when posting. People sometimes bend the truth or forget to include details about a situation to gain sympathy over a particular issue. (I'm not saying it’s happened here)

Before we make judgement, i think the "full story" needs to come out as its particularly damaging PR to any workshop.
Granted, I once watched a customer almost violently demand his vehicle returned from a workshop because "he had waited 6 months, fucked if im waiting another week"

The workshop insisted it needed some more time to sort it fully. He persisted.

One signed disclaimer later he drove the car out. 2 weeks later car with its rather expensive built motor was dead. Tried to blame workshop, was politely told to kiss their ass. Now its sitting in another workshop awaiting another build. Off road time so far = another 4 months.

1 week versus 4 months... sux2bhim.

I definitely agree there is two sides to a story. However, as this guy may be considering various avenues of recourse including legal action, he may not want to lay all his cards on the table. He was asking for points of view, not to be dragged through the mud. He hasnt said a negative word about any individual or shop yet so he has done the right thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by teejay; 21-12-2007 at 11:29 AM.