View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Find a decent second hand EBC for sale for much much lower then 600 bucks.

My BLITZ one cost me 200 bucks, is the older version without the wanky screens etc, and I love it to bits.

Has two buttons and two dials -

Power - well you work that out... turn the unit off and it spools as it would without any sort of control

Mode - switch between high and low boost.

The two dials - low and high - turn it to the right to raise boost, turn it to the left to lower boost. I have mine set to .6 bar low and .95 high.

Because it electronically controls the solenoid etc, the boost line is flatter then a 10 year old girl. An electronic signal is infinity quicker then some spring and ball trying to mechanically move.

The gain setting is on the rear of the unit, and brings on boost much harder and earlier then stock. However, this must be set right, as too much gain can cause turbine reversion etc.

Do not waste your time with a manual boost controller - they have no over riding protection when the boost tries to rise over the set level. As said above, set the thing to 17psi, take it for a thrash on a cold night, and watch it make 20.. thats what the the one that came with my car did. Awesomeness.

My guess is you have one these already and need to feel better about putting it on the car.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by teejay; 03-01-2008 at 08:51 PM.