Thread: new Golf GTi's
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

so just came back from a test drive, unfortunatly they didnt have a TDI GT available.
They gave me a standard GTi FSi Turbo with DSG, cloth trim and sun roof.

This car put a smile on my face, that DSG box is amazing. its just bang-bang-bang up and down gears, paddle shift - fukn love it!
Turbo lag is non-existant - it pulls hard under 3000 - but over this range i couldnt feel any sort of turbo rush or pull - kinda dissapointed - but i guess its just very linear power.
You can tell the size of the car compared to the rex when driving - I didnt feel like i was flat footed on the road as I do with the rex (mind u rex has coilovers etc)...
Seats - where very snug - i see what u mean if u have a broad back... good luck. I fit in - but hardly room to move. Though one thing i didnt like about the seats was that u dont 'sink' into them like you do with the STi bucket seats...
Interior is exceptional. everything is solid. Even the bloody indicators seemed a mission to move lol
I only drove it around the block - so couldnt thrash it - so couldnt get to test out its handling that much - but very little body roll for a car thats sitting pretty high up.

I like the car, but i could see myself upgrading it for more power - kind of goes against what I was goin on about running costs etc etc....
Dont want to do anything until i actually test drive a GT TDI - but i already think that its gonna be hard after coming out of a GTi.

mmmmmm