View Single Post
Old 25-01-2008, 11:27 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Alex at standard level

Well, i just switched from PC to Mac for the first time since 7 or 8 years of owning a PC. I have to firstly say its nowhere as painless as you may think. Apple have advanced so much that the transition is near effortless. Give it a few weeks to get used to the little things ad you're set. From the first day i turned on my mac about two weeks ago, i haven't gone back to my PC once.

Most of the programs these days are designed for both formats and for when they aren't, like someone posted above, programs like bootcamp and parallels make it easy to run anything. Basically you run windows from a small window while your Apple OS is running, and open what you need. Full screen if needed. It is as easy as that.

I really love my mac though, to be honest i wish i'd switched earlier. Though it does seem a little expensive, i think the cost is justified. Yeah i probably could've built a super-PC for the price, but i don't think it would ever run as flawlessly as this seems to so far. I don't play games at all, but i did install a couple just to see how they run, and GTA Vice City and Pro Evolution soccer look great.