Thread: E Series HSV??
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2008, 09:56 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

SiriX at standard level
Send a message via MSN to SiriX

Heheh, i had to bite on this thread... being a previous 06 WRX owner, my previous car had a few mods under the bonnet, TD05-20G, Verso, Gate, TBE, TMIC, etc... and was producing somewhere in the vicinity of around 280HP @ Wheels with a very safe tune, actually had been tuned at 310HP but the gate was being a bit sad so we stepped to back to where it was safe..

Anyways, going from that, to the VE SS-V Ute that i've got now (pictures below) was a fairly large change... but i will say this, yes it's a heavier car ~1700kg ... but that's not *that* much more than the 06's which weigh in somewhere near ~1500kg and it handles very very well for a lot longer car, and then i put Tein coil-overs in... gotta say, that plus the traction control system in them... makes it *very* hard to fuck up and a lot of fun! even with TCS off it's still very controllable and even more fun heheh the power as people have said, it's not as harsh as a boosted car, a lot more linear and there from way down low, and the amount of torque these things produce is very impressive... like, you can take off from standstill in 4th without it stalling lol (not that i do, but i have tried just to see what happens)

Interior wise, i think they're miles ahead of the VZ and prior models, everything feels at least decent quality, the hand break yes it is weird, but you get used to it, and as far as features it's got more than the rex had

Currently my car's fairly stock in the engine department, only got a Cat-Back dual 2.5" system with only the rear mufflers and quad 3" tips but i will eventualy do a CAI setup and probably extractors/cats and a tune after that, and that alone is netting people up near the 270rwkw which imho is a fair bit of power... then you go put a supercharger on it and get into the ~400rwkw which is just mental lol!

Here's a couple pics...

Anyways,

Cheers,

SiriX