Thread: E Series HSV??
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2008, 06:35 PM
STI Master

[I 86 I] at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES
The words "quality" and "Australian made cars" cannot be used together.

Sure the new breed 'appear' better built, but look at any 2-3 year old Falcadore and compare it to the quality of a similarly aged Jap/Euro shitter - miles apart.
hahahaha go pick a wrx from 98-05 and show me where their build quality, fit and finish is 'All that'

I think some people get a little too passionate about thier breed of cars. Your never going to get porsche or audi quality on a car thats costs under $50k, end of story.

HSV is wank factor.... If you like a big car that has some extra badges and the HSV 'appeal' then by all means go for it. But you arent getting that much more for the $ your spending. If you plan NOT to mod your car much then again, go with the HSV.
If you plan to mod your car then you cant go past the run of the mill SS. Heads are based on the LS7, so you have ALOT of room to modify without messing with head work. From speaking to a number of well known workshops, they have all agreed that the L98 is a MUCH better motor to gain improvements out of.
A commodore will never be a nimble race track car and was never made to be one so come on guys, dont get side tracked.

For a 1800kg car, it does its job and does it well.
And to the guy that reckons 100 recalls..........you sir are a frikken tool!
TJ you KNOW the fuel line recall was due to the fact that the fuel line "may rub and over time MAY cause a fuel leak" .......... now, id like to see how many wrx's are driving around with dodgy rubbing fuel lines because i know from experience that all mine had that issue....or the weak gearbox issue, or the fuel rail issue etc etc.

There will always be quicker cars out there, or better built, or 'cooler looking' but at the end of the day mate...take it for a drive and see what you think.
If you need more comfort from HSV E series owners, then you obviously dont REALLY want to get one.

Good luck with it all

Last edited by [I 86 I]; 25-02-2008 at 06:51 PM.