View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave
Blair my 2 cents
1. Buy yourself a cheap GC8 locally for track car purposes only. (Reduce the price in half if you can find a mate who wants to do the same project and get a co-driver in the process)
2. Do the mods yourself to save $$ and gain valuable experience and knowledge as many of the more exp members have.
3. Track it then mod more for specific track purposes as $$ allow you.
Thats is all.
Well thats exactly what im thinking Dave. Except exchange "mate" with "dad".

I had thought of buying an already b-rego'd car, but i didnt like my chances of finding a stock one anywhere. And i want it pretty much stock since the whole purpose of doing this is for me to learn by purchasing the parts that i NEED, and fitting them MYSELF.

And yes, i had thought about a car other than a WRX, but the reason im swaying towards a WRX is simply because of this forum being as helpful as it sometimes can be, and the connections i have through it.

Im well aware of the costs involved in modifying a car, but since INITIALLY im not going to touch to engine, i figure i can minimise them as much as possible.

As far as converting my wagon, i dont think thats financially viable given that its not just a matter of throwing in an engine. Its an Auto remember, so that means gearbox as well. And probably diffs. Then buy a cheap daily. The costs add up to too much.

And Ja5on.....get the fuck out of my thread.

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt