View Single Post
Old 30-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Scoobie Noobie

graemef81 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphoolin
Yeah ns, i wanna hear about some godzilla action. Or at the very least a rb30 with a 25 head conversion pushing some big ponies around those rears whilst collecting the bread and milk!

Welcome, enjoy, and sometimes simples mods are the best. Just dont let the modifications get carried away to keep it practicle. I remember saying to myself "Just a 3 inch TBE and Lowering will do." $13k+ later.

Eric
Cheers for the welcome guys. I really plan on not getting too carried away with mods as it's becoming something of a problem for me . Will definitely get the 3" TBE, intake mods and tune, most likely at ASG. I'm resisting the temptation for suspension mods as I worked specializing in suspension before and I know I'll get really carried away if I start changing the suspension setup too much (plus I want to keep it fairly comfortable and I know if I change springs and shocks this won't happen ).
I know what you mean about the HSV thing. I'll never sell mine (it's a SV99) but I'm starting to get over it a bit, even if it is still pretty quick. It's not quite as much fun to drive as a WRX, GT-R or my VL. My VL is a genuine Calais Turbo Wagon (one of only 50) which has recieved a fairly extreme suspension setup and is about to have a 600+hp RB30 (still single cam though ) that I've got which will get it running 10's. I love VL's (the best Holden ever IMO) but I'm really looking forward to getting my Rex as it'll be a better all round car and still something that can be quick, handle great and still be a good comfortable daily driver.