Thread: New Betty
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Scoobie Noobie

1233Z at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat_man
welcome!

Umm the link you posted doesnt work, it just comes up with a login screen.
Weird? Maybe they changed the rules on me. Here's what i said:

Well i let the RSC go a couple of days ago and here are my initial thoughts on the MY08 WRX.

Brakes!
Brakes for me are the most notable issue. The brakes on the WRX seem a tad poo. So much so that it takes away the excitement of the AWD. I find myself constantly braking too late and slamming on the anchors at the last moment. Maybe the RSC brakes were too good or maybe its just a weight thing - dunno!

Gears!
The gear throw on the RSC seems much more precise and smoother. With the WRX i feel i need a shoehorn sometimes to get into gear.

First Gear!
1st gear seems weak as piss on the WRX. The RSC felt that it had some awesome power in 1st. Obviously once the WRX hits 2nd its 'see ya later'.

Cornering!
RSC is shithot around the roundabouts - AWD doesnt seem to be giving me the same excitement. I feel i'm going to end up in the passenger seat as i go around.

Seats!
Definately miss the seats on the RSC - they were really snug and comfy. The WRX has just gone cheap on these - WA Salvage made a better covered seat.

Thats all for now. I'm about to talk myself into regretting the purchase. I'm pretty happy in fact. I had soooo many problems with Renault Aus and the RSC was due for about 3grand's work (timing belt, wheel bearing, CV joints perhaps). Fell in love with the black WRX - always wanted to be a boy racer. Now to blow all my cash on rice mods............