View Single Post
Old 20-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Few snaps from today. Dicked arounding fitting a Cusco brake cylinder brace today. I'm in 2 minds about the kit, the fit on the strut tower was perfect but the screw you wind out to obviously amke it fit different model cars is on a crazy angle. I ended up sticking a washer inbetween cause the nut was trying to dig a hole through my master cylinder

here you can see where it makes contact with the washer.. bit black. not to mention the dirty fillet weld on the angle.

The other thing I did to my car was make what i like to call "frankenmanifold" where I constructed a drive by cable inlet manifold to fit. here we are in the process of pulling a bunch of different manifolds to pieces, 01 WRX, Spec C, 05 USDM STI and 06 JDM Legacy. In the end I used the 01 WRX inlet manifold sitting on top of the Legacy TGV deleted with the STI side feed injectors and fuel rails. Frankenmanifold!

pulling apart the USDM STI manifold

Underneath... getting cheap with the red spray paint these days?

Legacy TGV deleted with the STI rails and yellow tops

From left 01 WRX (non TGV top feed, injector venturi) Spec C (non TGV top feed) Legacy (non TGV side feed)

The STI fuel rails bolted onto the WRX manifold. As these fuel rails are off a DBW model, the fuel pressure reg is actually mounted underneath and gets it vac/boost from a nipple which is conveniently right where the accelerator cable mounts. Before:

Took too it with a hacksaw and then cleaned it up with a file. much neater and i can run the boost line from another nipple. after:

Frankenmanifold fitted in place. with a little bit of dicking around.

Sexy little rubber gaskets as fitted OEM to the legacy motor

Spec C TGV deletes: the perfect redbull coaster

And who can tell me what type of turbo this is ? ...