View Single Post
Old 20-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLeggy
Whats the orignal plastic manifold look like inside ? restrictive ?

Had my EJ20Y(MY05 AUDM Lib) tuned...made 250hpatw, turns out the valvetrain appears soft...wanted to valve bounce with 1.4bar ~5Krpm....cams piss weak/small....very smooth but !

I was hoping for more power from a VF36 C spec headers etc, seems to be a restriction somewhere apart from the butter soft valvetrain.

Maybe stick some cams and springs in yours now while its possibly easier....

Wheres your plastic manifold now Matt ? can I get a look at it ....
What engine designation is yours ? what do the ports in the heads look like ? decent ?

Cheers
the plastic manifold looks pretty sweet: way, way smoother than the cast metal ones, plus they have the Spec C shaped TGV deletes. My motor is designated an EJ20Y so it looks like i'll have the same issues. I definately want cams & springs but am waiting for someone to release quad AVCS cams, i don't see the point in going backwards to the dual avcs.

The yanks are claiming their legacys are happy at 1.5bar.. but who knows? guess the dfference in turbo size plays a part

Placcy manifold is down with the car, hanging onto it just in case i want to try it with a reverse manifold or something at another stage. I'll bring it back up to perth next time i go down. as for the ports.. heres some pics