View Single Post
Old 25-04-2008, 01:14 AM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level
Default Insurance help urgent!

Hey guys I need some help.

My fiance bought sarahs old fake wrx (White 1.6l fwd with full wrx kit including genuine sti wing, aftermarket rear lights, lowered springs, 17" rims, exhaust, we also added sti skirts and rear pods, pioneer touch screen dvd, apexi turbo timer, new speakers front and rear, pod filter, $800 worth of new 17" tyres which were only 3 days old and some other gear).

Now we've spent quite a bit on the car and bought it (with most the wrx kit) for $7000 and I'd rate the rest of the gear we have bought around atleast another $3000 worth.

On monday some guy rear ended the car on the freeway whole I was driving, the car is a write off and i dont have insurance but its ok because his insurance has to pay out.

Now the problem is that I have heard they dont take mods into account when paying out a write. The problem being a stock 93 1.6l fwd manual is valued at $4100 on all car value websites (which the insurance guys go off).

I have also heard that when they write a car off (which it is) anything that is on the car goes with it. Meaning my dvd player, her rims, sti kit, etc.

And all we get is $4100 which is nothing really more than what we could part the mods out for.

I mean really we want atleast $9000 minimum so we can buy another one or kit one up (not buying her a real wrx for her first car).

The problem is she has literally only paid her $8000 car loan off this week and hasnt even driven it yet because she gets her license next month!

Is there some way we can come to an agreement with the insurance place? Shouldn't they really give us a car that is the same or atleast buy her a stock car and let her transfer her gear onto it?

I mean at the moment it looks like we will be left with nothing, if we buy the wreck back they will want atleast $3000 considering all the gear in it leaving us with $1100 to find a new car, or we get $4100 and buy a stock lx. Either way She loses for something that wasn't her fault.

Any help on this matter would be great!