View Single Post
Old 25-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

agree completely with fobz, considering its not your own insurance paying the claim and providing (as previously mentioned) the police deem it to be the fault of the other party, it would be my belief that their insurance would be liable to replace the vehicle to an equivalent or payout a value which represents its condition (including modification) at the time of the incident.

I can't see how they could pay a 'basic market value' on a vehicle for which they are not the insurers, in my opinion, they have no choice but to pay the full figure of its value in the condition prior to the accident.

I would definitely be sourcing a minimum of three quotes which represent the FULL value of the car in its modified condition.

Insurance conmpanies can be tricky bastards so make sure you have all your facts along with documented proof of modification cost before agreeing to anything.

Furthermore, I would probably even go down the road of paying a couple of hundred bucks and seeking the advice of a solicitor before taking it further, but get those quotes first, because the solicitor will only ask for them anyway.

Josh

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me

Last edited by DEDLYWEPN; 25-04-2008 at 09:28 AM.