View Single Post
Old 19-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

jzr at standard level

nice work guys.

i was in the same boat a few years back.

i left high school and starting work in an office. stopped surfing as much as i was and was just partying and drinking a fairbit. I was eating a sausage roll and a 600ml coke for morning tea. a fast food meal for lunch and then a meal for dinner. I noticed the wieght but didnt really care. when my mum told me to weigh myself and said if i was over 100kgs it was time to diet. i wieghed in at just over 111 kgs and being 18 and 5'10 it wasnt the best.

so i started to diet and excercise alot. i took up skateboarding again and surfed as much as i could. i would swim laps at the pool 3 nights a week for 2 hours. i cut out the morning tea and stopped eating fast food. From there i cut down my carb intake i dropped it down to 25 grams of carbs per day. Its not much considering a slice of whole meal bread has approx 8 grams of carbs.

after about 5-6 months of strictness i was down to 74 kgs. last time wieghed i was 78 kgs this was about 4 months ago. So i have kept in a desired wieght for about 3-4 years now.

im just about to start at the gym (tonight actually) but im not going to lift wieghts im only there for cardio for the time being just to get fit for the surf season.