View Single Post
Old 26-05-2008, 05:46 PM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlib
Ok looked around at other threads and couldnt fine 1 that would help me.
Bah,
some one asks for info and the clowns start howling...

Q: What is a hard question?
Ans: One you don't know the answer too.

Discussion is now open. If your not interested select another thread, simple. Notice i never used the words fuck off once

Options that suit a 97 and a 99...? Power FC has been used with good results on a 99, I have no first hand experience with them so I can't comment. Unichip will get you to about 85% on both models whilst retaining all the benefits of the OEM ECU...knock control and all that other luverly stuff subaru built in. Not even Motec has knock control in it's basic format, I have a 99 with M800 but 12.8 Qtr with TD04

Link is also another option but I have never heard of anyone getting better fuel consumption and performance than my old Unichip. Not sure when Brett gets out, he was a good tuner ( she looked a lot older apparently) Proven performance with a Unichip for 4years, made 13.1 Qtr with about 151kw atw/TD04. My Autronics created error code issues and a similar level of performance given a quality tuner.

Any other experiences appreciated, especially if anyone is using a Power FC. Apparently you can use the GTR skyline AFM, removing the Achilles heel of the MY99. Plus it is user programmable, unlike the Unichip. Both are fairly affordable second hand, way less than $1K