Thread: car transport!!
View Single Post
Old 29-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Scoobie Noobie

graemef81 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.r.s
my chevy chevelle whent from sydney to perth via TOLL.. it took over 4weeks, they had no idea where my car was no record of it. in the end it cam on truck then train via adselaide with a one flap covering it.. as you can imagine i was not happy. luckily it wasnt damaged
i paid $1600

my father who got a 66 corvette ( very rare top dollar car) used toll at the sime time.
in melb i trainer girl driver loaded it and scratched the roof and chrome, window etc someohow.
they then in perth jumped it off the rollers of the truck smashed and bent the side pipes and somehow have run into something forwards. doing over $16,000 damage to the car. it is now 6months on and aparantly we will get the letter 2 weeks ago saying how much they will pay.

I personally would never use them again. and i think i paid way too much for "mates rates"
That is way too much for transport from Syndey to Perth, especially taking 4 weeks and transported like that. Also this seems to be a common trend about damage to vehicles using TOLL/Autotrans. This was the main reason I didn't use them as I heard all this stuff on a couple of other car forums I was investigating on to find out who to use.
I'd definitely use CEVA again. My minor claim (small scratch a few inches long) looks as though it's going to have totally gone through in about a month, I could track where the vehicle was the whole way on the net, it took about 10 days and it only cost roughly $1200 from Sydney to Perth.