Thread: Harness
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2008, 02:16 PM
STI Master

wannabox at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman
For the belt ey bolts you can just replace the existing bolts with eye bolts. For the shoulder straps you'll need to get some inserts welded in to ensure that the belts 'fall' within the correct angle. If you use the rear seat passenger belt holes the angle of the belt will more than likelybe outside the tolerance set by CAMS and therefore you could fail sctutineering.

Once you've got a race seat in the standard belt is next to useless as they generally sit over the top of the seat and do not hold you in. Sjould you ever be in an accident there is more chance of you submarining into the footwell.
I ended up using the rear seatbest holes. I went to an AHG day and was told by a couple guys there that it should be fine. I was very happy with the harness best investment I ever made made driving a whole lot better. Was not thrown around and decided with the harness I will not need to get new seats.

Cheers

"Usually. Some guys can only dribble while others can shoot three pointers, so it might not make any difference how far they shoot. But in my case, it does."