View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 03:48 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

sikem rex at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to sikem rex Send a message via MSN to sikem rex

Hey guys,

Thodd let me know there was a post on here so I thought I'd explain the situation. Thanks for the concern!

I unfortunately made a late decision to take the cedric street freeway north on-ramp and, whilst it was wet on sunday morning (around 3-4 am), managed to lock up the breaks and hit the island at around 50km/h.

The front right wheel is sitting firmly up against the firewall and I had zero cash to get it towed that day. After scrounging cash together, I Called Gerrin (Any Time Towing) yesterday arvo and his wife picked up, telling me he's working nights and wouldn't be available until late, she gave me Andrew's number which, by the sounds of things, has been turned off.

I managed to get a couple of messages to Gerrin last night and he said he'd give us a call this morning. I still haven't heard from him. I unfortunately found the car busted open and the stereo gone at 8 AM (Yes, i realize I really should have had the car towed by another company).

I hadn't planned to, but I am now proceeding to lodge a claim with my insurance company. With the damage done to the vehicle by the break-in, plus the damage to the front right of the car I would dare to say this will run close to a write off.

Quote:
Could of just been broken down. I've seen this car around innaloo alot, and its been looking like a heap of sh.. for ages.
Ironically she was rear ended three months ago, and only got cleaned back up a few weeks back. That and the fact she barely ever gets a wash doesn't help.

Again, thanks for the concern guys, I'll keep you all posted as to what happens with the insurance side of things.

Paul