View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 07:11 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxdass
Ok, so I went auditioning tonight.

First up was the Klipsch F3

BIG speakers, really deep and had a pair of 8" mid range woofers and a horn tweeter. I was watching the scene from Pearl harbor - when the japs start bombing the ships.
These were a nice sounding speaker - I couldn't really fault them, had heaps of mid range and bass (obviously from their huge design and 12" sub woofer). I liked them.

I took the same scene of the movie over to the Jamo S6066 speakers.
the speakers are a bit smaller and thinner the Klipsch, and therefore there was some mid bass punch that was lacking.... BUT - the clarity! Crystal clear. I loved them. They had 8" woofers built into the sides of them and came with a 10" sub. When the bass came it came hard and fast, wasnt a slow boomyness like the F3's.

I tested the JBL's at west coast hifi in Morley. They were very bassy which i liked, (big speakers) but they had shithouse clarity to me. Didnt tickle my pickle. Plus those old men that run that place need some PR skills....

Anyway, for the price I can get the Jamo's... which is over $1000 saving over the other brands - i really am 90% set on em. To me, they are crystal clear over the other 2 brands - sure they are lacking a bit of mid-range punch - but for more than 1g in my pocket - I can certainly live with that

BTW - the receivers that were running the both systems were like 80WRMS and 90WRMS.
my Yamaha 1800 - puts out 130WRMS.... so sure will pump em even more.

My mate has the next model up of the Jamo's, im gonna go listen to these on saturday. But i think Jamo (S6066 or the next level up) will be a go-er.
what are the Jamo 606's worth?? I got the Jamo 506 kit for a mate and it was half the RRP of $1999, can probably save you some coin on the 606's as well if you want..