View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

Quote AP Racing circa 2002:
The DS2000 compound is primarily designed for high performance road use. However, its excellent speed and temperature sensitivity characteristics make DS2000 also suitable for...

DS2000 is used in the rear applications of front traction racing cars and in particular the Super Touring Championships all over Europe. In addition, it is a standard compound used in many Mono-brand Championships and Group N cars ( even on the front axle).

The graph below (not included as I cant be bothered) demonstrates that the DS2000 has a friction level of approximately 0.42, this remains constant at any speed and at any temperature that the brake system is working at. The temperature range showed on the graph is representative of actual running conditions.

A minimum of 250/300 miles product life can be expected under racing conditions, this can of course be significantly higher. For high performance road use pads can offer up to 40000miles of product life, dependent upon driving style and road conditions.
Unquote.
My summary of the above is yes the Ferodo DS2000 are a good all rounder, if their price has come down get me some sauce for my humble pie As a comparison Bendix Ultimates are Cold FC of 0.405 and hot 0.362 Temp to 500degC, I believe the Ferodos are good to 600degC
BTW I currently use a set of Endless Euro X for normal driving and some crap Bendix CT to help deglaze my DBA5000 rotors. I prefer Pagid Blue for track and street. Bendix Ultimates reside in the rear pending a rear brake upgrade.