View Single Post
Old 14-07-2008, 11:39 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

As above from meatbag. My understanding of the law is as follows. {Edit} Polar bear jumped in the middle.

As you approach a roundabout, if you are turning immediate left or turning right you should indicate. If your going straight, don't indicate at all as you enter.

When it comes to exiting irregardless of left, right or straight, you indicate to exit at the exit before. So if your turning left, your indicating before you enter (as the exit you come in on, will be the exit before the one your exiting on. If your going straight you should indicate at the exit immediately before the exit your taking. If your turning right, you should continue to indicate right (to show other drivers you are continuing around the roundabout) until the exit before you wish to leave, at which stage you indicate left to signal your intention to leave at the next exit.

Really guys, it's not complicated at all. Majority of people know where the indicator stalk is, they know how to work it. It's not a hard task to use it!

What i don't understand is the people who are going straight that indicate right. If you see a car indicating right coming towards you, one would assume that they are turning right..!

I have to say though, my pet hate at roundabouts is people that stop! Despite being able to clearly see the whole roundabout even as the second car. People don't seam to understand the concept of give way and stop signs..!