View Single Post
Old 17-07-2008, 04:14 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

ReppohC at standard level
Default One Month of Insurance

I've been looking around but can't find the info I need so hopefully someone on here can help...

I've been trying to get insurance for my car for the last couple weeks. I waited until my birthday (16/07) to move into the next age bracket and save some money on my premium. Unfortunately I had an accident (hit parked car leaving work) and made a claim in August 2006. What all that means?

I can pay $1800 / year today for my insurance with RAC (whom I've been a member with for a few years now). Or I can pay $1560 in one months time when my no claim goes from 20% to 30%. Problem is I need to fill the gap cause I *really* dont want to have the car parked in the garage for another month (and neither do my folks). Every insurer ONLY does annual insurance which means I can't buy a single month (without getting penalised?).

So does anyone know any insurer that can provide me with just one month of insurance? I'm a little hesitant going for just one month of 3rd party or whatever. Heck I don't even know if insurance companies even offer one month of that! Surely some company(ies) provide month by month insurance? I know its going to cost but just saving that $250 alone should pay for the month.