View Single Post
Old 17-07-2008, 04:35 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

ReppohC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
I'm confused...

If its going to cost the same as the higher amount, then just pay that?

From what I can gather...
(1 month insurance) + (Next Year's Cheaper Insurance) = (Current high insurance)

So you have the same financial outlay, but with one option you have the insurance and don't mess around with 1 month insurance/no insurance/some other method.
The problem is that my insurance is always going to be 1 months out of sync with my no claim. If it was completely out of phase I'd not bother waiting and pay whatever it cost. If I managed to keep a clean record I'd save almost $800 in insurance premiums over the next 5 years. Who am I kidding though I'm probably going to have to claim again in the next couple years anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemist
Check the fine print, but i know when i left just car (you pay anually) i was able to cancel my policy with them and recieved a refund for the remaining 6+ months worth of payment. I know with RAC you are able to pay monthly, so just take out a insurance policy and cancel it when you want to change to somewhere else.
I asked them that. Apparently you get a 10% penalty if you apply for any other policy with them. As such if I went for a month with them, cancelled and bought insurance in a month I'd still be paying the same as I would now.

Last edited by ReppohC; 17-07-2008 at 04:38 PM.