View Single Post
Old 26-07-2008, 01:08 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

bojan07 at standard level

yeah my parents would help me out definately, ill get some quotes with my dad being the owner and i drive it 80%.. thanks for help
Quote:
Originally Posted by megs_wrx
Bojan, I was 18 & 4months, still on my P plates etc, when I got my 06 wrx... Just Cars only wanted $2,500 for fully comprehensive, they said if I had been a male it would have gone up to 3k. Anyway so I paid that, and moved on, because at the time that was the best quote I could get.

Yes its rediculous money, but in the end it worked out for me... having insurance, not being with Just Cars... I wouldn't reccomend them to anybody.

I'm now insured under my parents name with RAC as the driver 80% of the time, with one accident under my name and no infringements... I pay $1500 a year. RAC suggested this to me, I was willing to pay the 3k it was to insure it on my own, but they said this was the better option.

Are your parents willing to help out? Mine pay my insurance for the year, and I pay them off per month for it, because I can't afford to pay it as a lump sum upfront. Some people might not want their parents help and want to do it on their own, but I'd rather have their help than not have insurance.

Good to hear your being covered by the other guys insurance... can't help you with any panel beaters NOR though.

Verso = 220hp, 17psi