View Single Post
Old 29-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Sir AntiLag

Foxymophandlmama at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Foxymophandlmama

1. What do you believe of Mr Carpenter's proposition to limit the type of cars that P-platers can drive? Why?
Limiting the type of car is good start, and as someone on here already said, I think to set it up in the same way as motorcycle licences isnt a bad idea. However I would be concerned that this would just move the death toll to a differnt age block because once the Probationary period is over these kids are free to drive a high powered car and will still lack the experience to do so and its for that reason I think better driver training would be more effective.

2. Do you think it could help curb the deaths of p-platers on WA roads?
Absolutley! But I still dont think it would have as much effect as better training would have and making getting a licence harder.

3. How do you respond to calls from the public that p-platers in high-powered cars are irresponsible?
I dont think "irresposible" is the right word because irresponsible driving in high powered cars it is'nt restricted to P platers. When it comes to P plate drivers in high powered cars its more a lack of driving experience combined with the youthful belief they are invincible, the lack of experience is something we can address.

4. What alternatives do you believe would be a better practical measure to curb deaths on WA roads?
Driver training, Driver training and Driver training. We really cant stop kids from being kids so no matter what they are driving they will do silly things I really think the only thing that will make a real difference is giving them the skills that they need to handle themselves when they get into these situations.

Not speeding Officer........Qualifying.