View Single Post
Old 29-07-2008, 07:55 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

1. What do you believe of Mr Carpenter's proposition to limit the type of cars that P-platers can drive? Why?

I believe that it is a valid idea although it will be entirely too flawed and implausable a system to actually work, when the eastern states brought in similar laws they were riddled with problems such as 17 year olds being able to drive a Honda NSX but not an old Charade GTi because one was turbocharged while the other was not.

2. Do you think it could help curb the deaths of p-platers on WA roads?

I do, although i believe the issue is not the types of cars, but the education that P platers receive to become licensed drivers. I am currently a P plater myself and see that the majority of P platers on our roads have no idea what they're doing, subsequently i am not at all suprised by the death toll. If drivers were made to do defensive driving courses and do more hours on their L's I think it would be an enormous step in the right direction

3. How do you respond to calls from the public that p-platers in high-powered cars are irresponsible?

I do tend to agree, I drive one particularly fast car and admit that at times I do tend to exceed the speed limit but I wouldnt call myself irresponsible. The thing I see that differentiates myself from other P platers is that I understand the principal of time and place and have a fair amount of driver training under my belt. It has nothing to do with the car, its the driver and again thats where i believe that education will prove to be the solution.

4. What alternatives do you believe would be a better practical measure to curb deaths on WA roads?

EDUCATION!