View Single Post
Old 25-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

I only pulled up one example there btw
There're heaps of technical post, however due to the fact that there are so many posts which are similar, all the good post gets buried. Hence, I rather someone pick up an older post with some tech info and rebirth that then restart, as again all good info gets buried deeper and deeper

Back to your point, I have no financial interest in either product and both ECUtek and Verso are essentially the same tuning process, ie reflash of the stock ecu.

ECUtek you have 3 options, first 2 are just basic off the shelf reflash without a dyno tuned but based on a set mod list, e.g. 3" TBE, etc. Cost starts from $1200-1800 (range, happy to be corrected, its being a while since I read/check). 3rd option on ECUtek is $1800 or so, but consist of a dyno tune and for whatever mods you want, so its customised. Personally, i do not believe its a smart idea to assume all mods should have the same charteristics. It should be dynoed to ensure all the fuel/air mix is correct.

ECUTek will also "lock" your ecu for the period and if something does go wrong, the locals may not be able to fix it, they will either send it back to the mother ship in NSW (MRT?) and/or if they can't fix it, i'd say its back to the bigger mothership in the UK(?). You can get the ECU reflash back to its OEM state when we sell it.

As for Verso, its a flat rate $990, dyno tuned and customised. Doesn't matter what mods you have, you get a dyno tune for whatever mods or request you have. Yes, its only limited to WA, but again, its a reflash, as long as its not locked or contain some sort of proprietary lock, then any compentent tuner who has the equipment or dyno can retune/reflash it

More info here - stickied under ECU Discussions

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/ecu-discussion/13955-engine-control-unit-faq-whats-available.html

Last edited by pmh; 25-08-2008 at 09:21 AM.