View Single Post
Old 27-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Sir AntiLag

Denver at standard level

probably because the majority of general servicing mechanics don't really understand what different issues cause missfires..

cause all they do 90% of the time is general servicing, and problem resolution and fault finding goes to the guys who've been doing the bizz for twenty million years..

and you'll also find guys who mods cars will generally have a better idea right away than the true soobapoo mechaniks as they've probably had the same problem..

anyway, for my take on it, could be the following, plugs, either you've melted one, or its got too big a gap, and spark is blwoing out, its got a semi melty piston and theres oil getting in there causing a missfire, fuel pump is bung or on its way out, leads, if it has them, or a dodge coil or coil pack, and beyond that, a wiring fault somewhere, or faulty cam angle sensor or afm..

should give you a bit of stuff to try out..

id go for the leads and plugs first off tho, also have a good look at the colour of the plug, if its too clean/grey/white it could be running lean which will also cause a miss fire, and in the end, lead to detonation and busted bearings, smashed ring lands, or pistons with holes in them...

and a real long shot, could be a stuffed injector pouring way to much fuel into the thing for it to handle and its wetting the plug tip causing it to miss too..