View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 02:54 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

ReppohC at standard level

I thought Massa's pit incident at Valencia was gonna be a DT for sure. Not sure how they got out of that one but I think there is precedent in the past. Side by side down pitlane is usually ok but on that track with such a narrow pitlane it was certainly more iffy.

I almost ALMOST agree (but not 100% convinced) with this latest decision though, although purely on the "penalty" front. However I don't know if the punishment fits the crime in this case... There are huge ramifications of this penalty not only because of the race win but also the championship.

Lewis almost certainly gained an advantage by taking that other line (cutting the corner) that he would not have got had he "followed" Kimi into the final corner. Yes he didn't have a choice to go there (to avoid damage) and yes he did "re address" his first pass on Kimi but it certainly looks like he got a tow from Kimi's car which aided him in passing (as soon as he let Kimi past he got back into his slip). That's the only reason I can see them putting the "You did not properly re-address your cutting of the final corner" penalty on him. Unfortunately because he was found "guilty" of not properly re-addressing he got handed the only penalty there is for that. According to the rules its a "DT penalty" or if less than 5 laps left 25 second time penalty.

Last edited by ReppohC; 08-09-2008 at 03:06 PM.