View Single Post
Old 29-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Qantas - only take casuals... so no sick leave, no annual leave, no discounted flights and can be away from home up to 15days at a time etc. Do not have any issues with all their engineering problems, as this happens with all airlines, the media are just hyping it up.

Virgin Blue - take fulltimers... can choose up to 5 people to put on your free/discounted flights list... uniform is better than Qantas... and from an inside source treat their employees very well. A lot of clubs both for crew and their families, and a lot of support networks.

Deciding on an airline is a personal choice really, can look at where to be based, where the airline flys to, what planes you can fly on, what the uniform is like, what kind of money are they offering.

But when your just starting out, best to start at a small airline (ie; skippers, network, national jet, skywest etc) to get used to the job and get a bit of experience, then move on up.

I'd love to work for Emirates, they give you a good deal, accomodation and some food is payed for, access to gyms, cheaper car loans, they give you a ticket to fly to your home country every year for free, your pay is tax free etc. Only problem is you have to be 21years and your signed up on a 3 year contract and have to live in Dubai. But those be the sacrifices if you want to do it. Whats attractive about Emirates is its a world class airline, they've got the airbus A380, they are in an awesome city and they look after their employees really well... they take the cake really.

Emirates or Singapore Airlines... would have to be the best in the world. However I have issues with the shoes that the Singapore Airlines cabin crew wear, they are slip on sandal/heels... highly unpractical and very unsafe.

I do want to join the force, but I still haven't heard any news, when I'm starting etc. Besides I can always go back to Flight Attending, or hold off on the police for a few years.

Ginger Ninja...