View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 AM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
kelford cams are nearly as expesive as cosworth cams last time i looked...
Are u going to be running a larger turbo in the future?? that is going to warrant getting cams?? If ur doing cams u also want to do springs/retainers and at min port the heads. Otherwise u wont really see a benefit...

Cams shift ur powerband to the right so u need all the acc hard to make it work..
Cosworth cams may have changed recently but they were previously re-branded Kelfords. Kelford are currently US$99 and US$58 cheaper than Cosworth for cams and valve springs respectively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmy99
My intentions for the car are mainly a "weekend warrior" (it isn't my daily). I looking to build a fast 1/4 mile car, with the ability to be tracked ocasionally.
Currently I'm running PowerFC, VF34, FMIC, B-specII EBC, 3" TBE, CAI and a Walbro pump.
For mattmy99's listed purpose Kelford 264/264 hot street cams and valve springs sound ideal. These are proven to work well with existing shim over bucket vanilla model WRX heads. Imho at least freshen up the valve springs and realise some good gains.