View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

just some friendly advice on my experience... dont waste your time with locally rebuilt clutches, conclusively ive found them to be junk and die as soon as theyve been overcooked a couple of times (my last 'autoclutch' rebuild with 2800lbs pressure plate only lasted a few thousand km before slipping and shuddering with each gear.
get an exedy sports tuff full face organic, you get a brand new pressure plate new clutch ring, new release bearing. these clutches can take an absolute beating and always seem to come back fresh again after a few hours if you do happen to spin them up. they are rated for upwards of 450ish hp, the only time ive managed to massively spin mine is when ive botched a launch.

cost difference is negligible and at the end of the day you wind up with all brand new components. not a re-glue of overthick poor grade material onto someones flogged out clutch plate with rattling load springs and a previously heatsoaked pressure plate with a skinny off balanced remachined face.

also, dont bother with any form of brass or hybrid style plate, the shock loading to the driveline when engaging gears will soon destroy your gearbox, and in reality will kill your flywheel and pressure plate even sooner. full-face organic is the only way to go to retain full streetability.

Long live the WRC

Last edited by tuna; 06-02-2006 at 09:31 AM.