View Single Post
Old 28-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Sir AntiLag

Jaded at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Jaded

I have an ipod touch which is hooked up to the Alpine CDA 9886...

it charges fine... and mostly works fine.. but then on random folders or songs I get "Error 01" Cant get rid of the error until you unplug ipod, turn it off and back on and then plug it back in. all of which is bloody dangerous when trying to drive

I restored and reloaded ipod but with no joy. Yet I tried a different touch and it worked fine, charged and never had that particular error.

We've plugged an iphone into it occasionally and it worked fine but obviously didnt charge and the phone capabilities dont work when plugged in. It didnt come up with the error message .. but didnt use it long enough to test properly to see if the 'error 01" would come up.

Every other ipod works fine though.. apart from the crapness of it not turning ipod off when i turn the car/deck off. Apparently i need a newer cable ? But that sounds like too much hard work.

so I just switched to using the usb functionality... usb stick ftw ! and I dont have to worry about leaving a cheap stick in the car and having it stolen.