View Single Post
Old 30-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

If you are trying to lose weight you need to understand that it is an energy problem not a food type problem.

This is shown with the juice issue. Fruit is considered "healthy" but it is energy rich. Therefore Boost juice is the same for your body as a Coke in energy terms and you get just as fat by having one or the other.

If you have carbs then you need to only have a small amount because it is energy dense. If you have something that is low energy like lettuce or cabbage, you can eat shitloads of it and still get less energy into your system than a small bowl of carbs.

From this you should learn that its not the quantity that you are eating but

QUANTITY OF FOOD X ENERGY IN THAT FOOD = TOTAL ENERGY INTAKE.

eg
COKE = 800kj+
BOOST JUICE = 800KJ+
PEPSI MAX = 5KJ
you could have almost endless PEPSI MAX A DAY AT NO COST TO YOUR BODY!

Drink choice can save you the equivalent of a small meal. The person who has 1 or 2 full strength cokes a day wont lose weight if they don't do far more exercise than the person who has the pepsi max.

The key to losing weight is substituting low energy/low GI foods for high energy high GI foods.

As soon as your bodies intake of KJ is less than its outgoing of KJ you will start to lose bodyfat slowly.

I have lost 20kg since Dec last year and I have a super slow metabolism

Second picture is from March to Now. Have put on some more muscle as I sorta got the dieting going toooo heavy for a little bit.

Last edited by POLARBEAR666; 30-10-2008 at 01:41 PM.