View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

I eat a lot of small meals through out the day, don't eat very much in one sitting at all really. I'm a pain to take to a restaurant (why can't they make kid sized adult meals or just sell me a kids meal geez). I'm the slowest eater you will ever meet, a few people can vouch for me on that. But its good to eat slow, because the slower you eat, you start to feel full quicker. They say it takes 15mins for your body to tell you that your full. So some people tend to over eat.

It's then all about portion size. My mum put us on a "Trim a weigh" meal plan for a week, they send out all your meals (breaky, lunch, dinner and one snack) and you just eat ONLY what they give you and water for drink. Mum and Dad wanted to lose weight and I wanted to eat more healthy.

So Mum was on a 1000calories a day plan, Me on 1200calories a day and Dad on 1500calories a day. They are awesome meals very well planned out and they deliver each week to your door. Dinners you put in the freezer and the rest of the food can be put in your fridge. Think it cost around $300 for the three of us, so that's not too bad. But I think if you wanted to lose weight this is one way to make it easier, because the meals are done and ready for you and they are the correct portion size!

I later found out I was absolutely starving for the whole week because for my height and weight I should have approx 1900calories a day to maintain my weight haha. Another good thing is, you can order just the dinners. Mum's realised she can make the breakfast and lunches for us herself to cut the cost down a bit and just orders several dinners per week. Also If we do happen to go out one night, you don't stress too much about it you just try and find something on the menu that won't break the "diet" as such!

There are a few companies in WA that do it, Trim A Weigh and Lite N Easy are the two I know of. Both have websites, with lists of all their menus, costs and plans etc.

Ginger Ninja...