Thread: why key cars?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Sign me up!
Small snail syndrome

Wozzernux at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Wozzernux

Some dickhead hit my car with their door while I was at the shops about a month back, didn't notice until I got home and did my usual walk-around-car-and-look-for-new-damage routine after every drive:

The blue paint mark was about an inch wide, which means they must have opened their door pretty fucking hard to make my door skin "flex" inwards and get that much paint to transfer. Managed to buff it out and there was no visible paint damage, but it left a very shallow vertical dent behind if you look closely:

Kinda blends in with the rest of the pinhole/dimple/other assorted dents over most of the panels. No fucking respect at all, it annoys the shit out of me.

The paintwork was in pretty average condition when I bought the car 18 months ago, stone chips all over the front bar and leading edge of the bonnet. I don't wash it much, my theory is if it looks dirty and sort of bunky spec then people won't be as inclined to do shit to it. I haven't noticed much difference though, there's new dents/scratches almost every time I return from the shops but thankfully it hasn't been keyed yet. :/