View Single Post
Old 14-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Sir AntiLag

Darren at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Darren

I would (and have) buy a Japanese or european spring over the local products. I've tried both and am infinately happier with my Apexi's then my Kings. I would also upgrade shock absorbers while you're at it. I have the Koni adjustables and the only time I've needed anymore is when I'm pushing hard with R-comp's on. I also use a cusco rear bar (22mm adjustable) and I have tried the Whiteline version and even though they are both the same diameters, the cusco seems to be more effective (stiffer material perhaps?). I also have a 22mm front sway bar, was a GREAT mod and I now wonder why I took so long to do it. I am currently running as much front camber as the standard car allows but I have a set of Cusco adjustable tops going in soon so I can't really comment on that.

For future improvements, I suggest stiffening the chasis via lower control arm bars, cusco diff supports, fender braces etc.. I've done this and can tell you first hand that it IS worth the money. Also I have some STi rose jointed trailing arms, lateral links and rear sway bar links, it's made the car a lot more predictable under load and takes away a lot of "sponginess" inherent in the rear suspension.

Anyway, that's my 2c.. some may disagree, but I've done this first hand and know what huge differences these mods can make.

Darren