View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Scoobie Noobie

niq at standard level
Default Install Guide for Brandt Immobilizer?

I've been having random/intermittent electrical problems with my 02 rex for some time now. Most of the time she starts without a fuss, but sometimes the fuel pump refuses to prime and the engine cranks over tirelessly without firing. The fault also occurs while I'm driving, causing the engine to stall and just coast along in traffic... not good.

I am convinced that the Brandt is the culprit. I found the main Brandt module under the dash, and gave it a bit of a shake. When I shake it with the ignition on (but engine off), I can hear the fuel pump priming repeatedly. There must be dodgy connection somewhere.

My next move was to pull out the Brandt module to inspect the connector solder joints. Turns out that was a bad idea. After re-installing the module I found that my old pin-code no longer disarms the module. Possibly some sort of tamper protection?

So... in order to get mobile again I would like to;
a) Figure out how to get the Brandt to recognize my pin again
or
b) Bypass the Brandt completely (could save me the cost of a tilt tray)

If anyone has any info on the Brandt - such as an install guide - it would be a huge help. I suspect that I am going to need a master pin code of some sort to get me out of this predicament?