View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:15 AM
STI Master

wannabox at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
I'm sorry but a 78 year old who can drive at 170 on a winding road and has obviously done so for a number of year and likely in some pretty ill handling old cars and is still here to talk about it.

Thats not a hoon that is a skilled driver!!!

This world needs to grow the F&^K up. People need to learn there limitations, take responsibility if you cant stick to them and if you step over them and hurt someone you get absolutely raped for it.

This guy is driving within his limitations ( or he would have been dead years ago ). GTF over it.

Sadly this is Australia so it will never happen.
<Rant>

I don't agree here you say being old is an excuse to drive fast as he has experience? Sorry but I am not a fan of the older generation looking down on us youngens and thinking they can do what they please and get away with it.

If he was so experienced and skilled he would be old and wise enough to know the LAW and the LAW states that drive over X speed and it classed as dangerous driving. It does not state if you are over 55 you will get off, laws are there to be followed and if you do the crime you do the time. You think the old guy being so wise and all would know this and also know that this is kept for the track.

"The man expressed to us that he believed he was a skilled driver, and that he races cars.", how is that an excuse? There are more variables on public roads than on a race track, more things that can happen/go wrong.

I am not saying I am perfect either (I am far from it), and I am not defending myself here either but I don't have the wool over my eyes and I know the reality of what I do and what consequences there are behind my actions.

My 2 cents

</Rant>

"Usually. Some guys can only dribble while others can shoot three pointers, so it might not make any difference how far they shoot. But in my case, it does."

Last edited by wannabox; 06-01-2009 at 10:22 AM.