View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 12:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle
Just so you know I am a dedicated audiophile and purist. My home theatre consists of a Sony 40" full HD LCD (to be upped to a Samsung Series 6 50" Full HD plasma as soon as fundage permits), Yamaha RX-3800 7.1 receiver, Bowers & Wilkins 683 series mains (running bi-amped ) and ASW610XP DVC, dual 200W Ice-Power amped 10" sub of greatness! Anywho, I have not perceived any difference what-so-ever between the (overpriced) HDMI cables Surround Sounds gave me and the one I got from Dick Smiths. I wouldn't have bothered if I wasn't offered them for free!

In saying that, I have invested heavily in speaker cabling. $400 for 5m of sub cable, and $35/m for the main speaker cabling (which are x2 because they are bi-wired ).

Trust me, I can see and hear every nuance in the digital feed, no complaints here from my *cheap* HDMI cables. When Eric Clapton is plucking strings and you can hear him launch a silent but deadly, you know you're on a good thing You were saying??
EDIT: Just found this --> http://reviews.cnet.com/hdmi-cable/?...content;rb_mtx
egg farken zactly !!

Ive got a full theatre setup with 100" screen and all the gear in one room, a 58" full HD plasma in another both with 360's and blurays all running cheap $25 HDMI cables from here ;

http://www.ezyhd.com.au/

and have no issues with sparklies or any other artifacts - if anyone can tell the difference between one of these and a $300 Monster cable ripoff POS in a double blind test i will buy you a carton of piss haha

Personally i wouldnt trust a $5 chinese special, but the EZYHD ones are perfect..

Like you I also spent a lot more on speaker cable as that does make a difference when talking decent gear