Thread: Windows 7
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2009, 01:36 PM
STI Master

wannabox at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed
Well part of the problem is MS releasing the min specs for Vista which were complete bullshit. In fact I think there was a law suit in the US due to the fact companies were selling hardware with Vista ready stickers when they weren't even close to being powerful enough to run Vista. I'm sure if you have reasonable technical ability and a powerful machine you can get Vista running sweetly. But I don't think it's acceptable that you should have to up your RAM from say 500mb with XP to 2/3/4gb for Vista. I'm not a MS basher and I get really bored with people slagging of MS & I was really looking forward to Vista, but I've used it on brand new laptops and is very slow, especially in contrast to XP.

You make a good point, my op pinion on this is probably not the best as I have done some tweaking etc to get mine running better, have high spec machine etc.

The min for Vista IMO is 2Gig I have 2.5 Gig in use ATM, and when I fire up some virtual machines which I need to do for work this will climb to twice that.

Windows 7 base on the other hand uses much less ram as a base and will be interesting to see how it runs when fully loaded.

"Usually. Some guys can only dribble while others can shoot three pointers, so it might not make any difference how far they shoot. But in my case, it does."