View Single Post
Old 22-01-2009, 09:03 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

fmx_rider at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by holler
Without a doubt anybody associated with a company involved with the mining or exploration of gold is going to be quite safe in these times.

One of the most uncertain and testing times from an economic perspective for most in their lifetime - as a result gold price increases as it is usually invested in as a safeguard to testing economic times (eg.a recession eg. now). Gold recently hit an all time high and with it being suggested this recession will be quite lengthy I have no doubt people in those industries will be quite safe.
While I agree that gold is the best commodity to be in at the moment for mining, I disagree about your comments jobs being quite safe and about Exploration. Goldstar went into administration a week ago for example.

Anyone working for companies who don't make a profit (ie Exploration companies who only spend money) are currently cutting back in a big way to conserve cash. Even the larger gold companies (ie Barrick, St Barbara etc) are cutting back exploration budgets at the moment.

Interesting times ahead.