View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Spoke to Ken @ RMS on the phone for a bit who was in the same mind-set as me, it could be anything. Would have to get Leigh to log the values coming from the ECU. However, you'd have to get the car to do it first!

Didn't feel like spending hundreds of dollars worth of their time for them to come back and say everything is running fine. Which is what i would have suspected to happen as the car has been rock solid for 3 weeks now without and issue on boost and at WOT at all.

This is leading me to believe that the problem is Brant related - The car is a MY01 which was 'optioned' with a Brant alarm system. If it starts to do it again I will replace the alarm system in it's entirety.

But yeah, the car has been fine for 3 weeks, no signs of hesitation, bad idle, stumbling, missfiring nothing. So i am a happy chappy again! I suspect that if we were able to catch it in the act you'd probably be seeing the ECU just turn off or some kind of ignition fault.

Having said all that - There is no indication to prove that it's the Brant, there was no beeping sounds or anything like that when it did it. So it's still somewhat of a mystery at this point.