View Single Post
Old 17-02-2009, 11:11 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level
Default MAP-ECU for AFM delete?

Ok experts...

Looking at going down this road, in order to give the 99-00 AFM the flick, finally . I've had it up to my neck with this thing & I'm not gonna fork out any more $$$ for another.

Searched for the product known as the MAP-ECU on here with no result, surprisingly. Link here. NZ based company, all-up cost for MAP-ECU (version 1) kit is US$399 + shipping from NZ.

Actually looking at this unit for my son's Mk3 Supra 7MGTE, where according to a couple of Supra forums, they are getting terrific feedback. (Mk3 AFM's are nearly as bad as the 99-00 WRX for unreliability).

Subaru isn't mentioned on the website above, but an email to them came back with: "Thank you for your interest in MAP-ECU. The MAP-ECU and MAP-ECU2 are universal and will work in Subaru's. We can provide a wiring diagram if you proceed with a purchase."

Input peoples? Has anyone on here had one installed? I will probably go ahead & get one for the Supe as cheaper alternatives just aint around.... it just concerned me that (apparently) no-one here has used one on their Subi .

BTW, I'm not looking for performance gains (unless that is an unavoidable "side-effect" haha), I just wanna lose the AFM. Car is stock except for 3" TBE.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)