View Single Post
Old 21-02-2009, 09:34 PM
STI Master

reflexwrx at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS
35psi? like fuck you can!!

q2cmy00: Don't talk shit that could cost someone their engine, ya tool!

Without a retune 18.5 psi is max safe (which is stock boost actually). Only retune option for 99-00 sti is an ecutek or stand alone ecu (link, Autronic etc).

Don't even bother with with a boost controller until you have done supporting mods (i.e fuel pump, exhaust, CAI etc).

Factory control is fine (and the safer option) until you fit a bigger or modded turbo.

Plenty of V5 Sti's were going boom with factory 18.5 psi boost limit when first released, due to excessive timing in the factory mapping. V6 were tuned less agressively timing wise but run the same boost targets.

I have all the mods that you have mentioned above. Does this mean i can run a little boost. I have CAI, Walbro GSS342, AVO silicone Intake, Samco Silicone Y pipe, Up Pipe, 3" Exhaust.

The guy that replied to my first post must be a cowboy. I would really like to do the Power FC as i need to fit the Jap Spec ECU anyway. I suppose there would be quite a big difference between getting the original ECU fiited and purchasing a Power FC and getting it tuned. Hmm Comes down to how much money i want to put into this thing. Decisions Decisions!!! It's like where do i stop. HAHA