View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Schm0rky at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Schm0rky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesmy02wrx
Hi guys,
I have a My02 and have a problem that no one seems to know whats wrong with it and its costing me so much money !!!!

Basically when you put your foot down the car wont hold boost, The boost will serge and go from 15psi to 21psi then back down. I took it to maximum motorsport the just told me to get an Altronic plug & play !!!! $3000 !

So then i took it to West Racing and they were the most hepfull , $750 later the said the problems lyes in the ecu but couldnt find the problem, So they recomended to put a boost controller on to hold the boost, But the car still isnt fast and you can see the Gauge reading 15psi but you can feel that the power isnt there

Has anyone had this problem or know someone who can help me ! Thanks
I had that problem before with my my00wrx, i especially noticed the boost dropping in and out on the freeway in 5th gear, but was noticeable in all gears.
Turns out it was a faulty boost solenoid, So one Apexi AFC Neo and a GFB boost controller later she was chopping hard

But with me, it started like you explain but got worse, to the point where i got 12.5kms to quarter tank of fuel. I could hold a bucket behind the zorst and pure fuel came out.

Tenagah fixed it all though.

Brett

09 Toyota HiLux SR5 X-tra cab - 1314Kms
3" shock lift kit
18" steel rims with mud tyres
ARB steel bullbar
Snorkel
12000pound electric winch
3" zorst
Duel range tanks